COVID-19: Treasurer Frequently Asked Questions

COVID-19: Treasurer Frequently Asked Questions


The Thomas County Treasurer’s Office is very concerned about the impact COVID-19 has on our office and how we will serve the public after building closure.


Here are some Q & A’s that might help

 Q: This is my month to renew, what do I do?

A: You can renew your tags online, as long as your address hasn’t changed from last year. You can mail your renewal notice in with your payment. Proof of Insurance is required, and you can send a copy with renewal notice or have them faxed / emailed to us directly. Fax # 785-460-4524, email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.If you prefer not to use either of those options and would like to drop off payment, please call the office and we will gladly assist you.

 Q: My 60 day permit is about to expire, and need my tags, what do I do?

A: We ask that you please call in if your permit is expired or close to being expired. We will work with you to schedule a time to get your tags taken care of.

 Q: How do I get a VIN Inspection?

A: Currently, KHP has suspended doing inspections on Vehicles, But our Sheriff’s Office, as of now, will still be doing inspections by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please call the Sheriff’s Office at 785-460-4570.

 Q: I have Real Estate or Property Tax due, how can I pay those?

A: 2nd half of taxes are not due until May 11th, 2020. If your taxes are delinquent, we ask that you call in to get current amount owed before any payments are sent in.  We do have an online payment option at You can also mail in your tax payments or call and we can take payments over the Phone.


Please direct any other questions to us here in the Treasurer’s Office by calling 785-460-4520.

We want to do our part in keeping staff healthy  as well as doing our part in serving the community. I am very cognizant of your needs and we will continue to serve you the very best we can! 

Thomas County, Kansas

"Thomas County - Agricultural, educational, cultural and service center of Northwest Kansas!  We invite you to become a part of our progressive community!"

Mike Baughn - County Commissioner 

Contact Us

 info (@)
 (785) 460-4500
 (785) 460-4503
 300 North Court, Colby, Kansas 67701

Keep in Touch